The purrs and grrrss of a wandering and wondering Kat
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Chuc Mung Nam Moi 2008
English - Happy New Year
Malay - Selamat Tahun Baru
Vietnamese - Chuc Mung Nam Moi
Spanish - Feliz Ano Nuevo
Javanese - Sugeng Warso Enggal
Cantonese - Kong Hee Fatt Choy

This new year marks the start of my new blog, my new resolution to start some kind of writing, any writing will do. My Scorpion horoscope for 2008 is pretty boring except for the fact that i should be starting and polishing my "creative" writing skills... Hence the birth of this blog.

My resolution for this new year...

1. To start playing golf (a carried forward resolution from 2007)
2. To be a better Muslim in every way - thought, deed and action
3. To get that PPA bonus (although strictly this should not be a resolution for 2008 as this depends on my performance between the period April 2007 - March 2008, which means 9 months of the period had already lapsed..)
4. To start and seriously maintan a blog.. and perhaps attempt to do some writing in Malay
5. To learn a new skill (salsa in particular)


As usual, I received many New Year greetings, wishing for a good and prosperous year but the best wish that i received was from a very dear friend, who wished for me - "Unwaivering faith, strengthened determination and wiser judgement". Three basic but very important aspect of our daily lives - faith, determination and judgement. This is nothing that I do not already know and I am certain that most of us have them. However I know that in times of despair and when severely tested, some or all of the three may crumble or maybe weakened. This is just a reminder for us all to trust ourselves and our believes at all times.

Once again, have a happy , good and prosperous new year!!

Labels:

scratched by Scatty-Kat @ 3:14 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At May 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehe come on...make the resolution number 1 comes true..lets play golf together and laugh at each other :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Scatty-Kat
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Most cats, when they are Out want to be In, and vice versa, and often simultaneously. That is me. Itchy feet. Restless. Dreams about grass being greener on the other side
See my complete profile
Previous Scratches
Archives
Shoutbox

If ignorance is bliss then why do we seek knowledge

Favourite Bloggers
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER